You are here

Bizzare icons attached to mp3's on win 10

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Bizzare icons attached to mp3's on win 10

Postby 10K-DB Music » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi all,,,very strange icons appear{ there nothing Ive generated} on Mp3/files when I load to library,,and I cant enter metadata on the "edit album info" popup bx. The puter loads them ok from finalized CD,,,and I can attach to vids ect,,but cant figure out where these"ungenerated" by me icons come from,,any ideas?
10K-DB Music
Poster
Indie artist writing/performing multiple styles of music,recording+producing @ home studio on Tascam 24 trk 2488 Neo. Vocals/Guitars/Bass,,using BFD/ECO drum software/Digitech processors.

Re: Bizzare icons attached to mp3's on win 10

Postby BJG145 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:40 am

Could MP3s have become associated with some new program by default, eg something you've installed that has 'claimed' them...? What program opens when you double-click on them...? Can you use Google image search on the icon...?

(I'm not used to messing with icons on Windows 10 unfortunately; it seemed to make everything twice as complicated and I never really accepted it, so I'm still on good ol' WIndows 7.)
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Bizzare icons attached to mp3's on win 10

Postby blinddrew » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:31 am

BJG145 wrote:Could MP3s have become associated with some new program by default, eg something you've installed that has 'claimed' them...?
This seems like the most likely option.
Have a look in your settings (just search default app settings) and you can see what app is set up at a high level (i.e. 'music' or 'email') or, if you scroll down, you can see what is set for each file type. Scroll down and have a shufti what's set for .mp3
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...