You are here

For those of you that own Superior Drummer 3, a few questions regarding licenses and installation.

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

For those of you that own Superior Drummer 3, a few questions regarding licenses and installation.

Postby Rhys Llewellyn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Licensing - The website states that up to two licenses can be authorised/active at one time. It then states that only one of these can be used at any given time, which got me thinking... I am intending to run an offline system (taking it offline after registering the product). Will it even work then?. I'm not sure how else it could determine whether I would be using both activated licenses concurrently or not? As far as I'm aware they don't use hardware dongle based protection to ensure this, do they?

Installs - Just to make sure, it does allow the software libraries to be installed to a separate non-OS drive, right?

Thank you :)
Rhys Llewellyn
Regular

Re: For those of you that own Superior Drummer 3, a few questions regarding licenses and installation.

Postby scw » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi
I cant help you with the first point, however I can confirm that there is no dongle required and that the libraries can be installed in a non OS drive. This is what I do and there is no issue. Just set the install path to the drive/folder that you want. The .dll is installed in the appropriate VST folder but the libraries can be anywhere.
Stewart
scw
Regular

Re: For those of you that own Superior Drummer 3, a few questions regarding licenses and installation.

Postby fruitcake » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:00 am

I have SD3 loaded on my main computer and also a laptop. I’ve never run them at the same time, but I have used the laptop while offline on an airplane. No problems. I keep the libraries on an external usb c drive. Toontrack has project manager software that handles the installation and authorization and updates.
Personally, as a horrible drummer, I’m a big fan of Superior drummer.
fruitcake
Poster

Postby Rhys Llewellyn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Thanks very much for the replies, fruitcake and scw. Time to spend a lot of cash!
Rhys Llewellyn
Regular