You are here

New w10 update, Unlimited plugins ?.

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

New w10 update, Unlimited plugins ?.

Postby The Sponge » Thu May 30, 2019 9:18 pm

Hello all, I have been waiting on this update since March when I read an article about a FLS Slot Limit Increase. As I understand it, The limiting factor sometimes has been the Windows software. We were running up against a FLS (Fiber Local Storage) slot allocation ceiling that limited the number of DLLs that could be loaded. This quote from windows blogs." This build greatly raises that per-process FLS slot allocation ceiling, allowing loading potentially thousands of unique plugins."
Sounds to good to be true.
The Sponge
Poster
Always Adsorbing even if I think I'm full.

Re: New w10 update, Unlimited plugins ?.

Postby The Sponge » Thu May 30, 2019 10:12 pm

The Sponge
Poster
Always Adsorbing even if I think I'm full.

Postby CS70 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:51 pm

The Sponge wrote:Hello all, I have been waiting on this update since March when I read an article about a FLS Slot Limit Increase. As I understand it, The limiting factor sometimes has been the Windows software. We were running up against a FLS (Fiber Local Storage) slot allocation ceiling that limited the number of DLLs that could be loaded. This quote from windows blogs." This build greatly raises that per-process FLS slot allocation ceiling, allowing loading potentially thousands of unique plugins."
Sounds to good to be true.

Yep good but in practice few people I guess have ever hit the 128 fibers limit. Nice thing tough. Now if the added full USB class compliance.. :D
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby Johnsy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:14 pm

CS70 wrote:
Now if the added full USB class compliance.. :D

Depends on your definition of "full" of course, but...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/usb-2-0-audio-drivers

Class compliance isn't something that interests me personally, so hadn't really looked into this.

Surprised to learn that it's a licenced Thesycon driver.

Even more surprised that it's a WaveRT miniport.
Johnsy
Regular

Postby CS70 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Yup but it’s playback only so far.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby Johnsy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:01 pm

CS70 wrote:Yup but it’s playback only so far.

As I say, I'm completely unfamiliar with the MS class driver (and the ADC specs for that matter), but the page I linked to says the driver supports all the Entity and Descriptor types in ADC 2.0... I'm not seeing any mention of it being output only.

What am I missing?
Johnsy
Regular

Postby IvanSC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Funnily enough there has been ongoing discussion over on the \Reaper forums about just this subject for quite some time. All the usual obsessive/compulsives were claiming it was a reaper bug ("why cant I load my 2,000 track projects? They only have about ten plugs per track") so when MS announced they were fixing the limit higher in the next update, much joyfulness (and a lot of leg pulling) abounded. You would be amazed at the size of some people`s projects...

For a little light entertainment the threads involved are in the bugs section of the forums.
Always a source of amusement.... :D
IvanSC
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Let me share my recipe for Wabbit stew with you!