You are here

Cubase 10 deals, even lower price? Upgrade £85!

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Cubase 10 deals, even lower price? Upgrade £85!

Postby OneWorld » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't know what Cubasers have been paying for Cubase10 with this 50% off deal but I am certain when I checked last week it was circa £107 (upgrade from 8.5) but now I have just bought it and now the price is £85!
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Cubase 10 deals, even lower price? Upgrade £85!

Postby Music Wolf » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:06 pm

I was planning to upgrade (from 8.5) the other month at £171 then saw the offer (spotted it on Thomann's site) and got it for £85 a couple of weeks ago.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster

Postby OneWorld » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Music Wolf wrote:I was planning to upgrade (from 8.5) the other month at £171 then saw the offer (spotted it on Thomann's site) and got it for £85 a couple of weeks ago.

Just like the old days, from when I changed from CubaseVST to SX1, SX2 etc etc and the cost rose incrementally as well - £50, £75, £100 and beyond, at that point I stopped upgrading but at £85, they've got a deal
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby fatbenelton » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:30 pm

I upgraded from 7.5 for £85 and was happy - probably wouldn’t have bothered otherwise!
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster

Jonny

Postby OneWorld » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Oh oh oh no oh no - oh woe is me - I was eagerly watching the installation of Cubase10, all went well, activated, registered, eLicenser updated etc etc etc all went well,m then finally fired up Cubase and it's blacklisted almost all my VSTs. I went on the internet and it is literally full of people having similar problems, this seems to be an issue with Cubase10, some people have had to re-install Kontakt, I have Komplete10 and the install is about 12 DVDs, my Arturia stuff is very fragile and coaxing it in when upgrading is like pulling teeth, why oh why do I bother!!!!!

If Steinberg had made it known that this is an issue, I would never have bought it, no way
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Music Wolf » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Ironically, since upgrading to 10.0, I’ve got Kontact / Scarabee Rick bass working again. It stopped working after an earlier update but, whilst cleaning up emails, I found the authorisation codes from original purchase so had a go at reloading.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:03 pm

OneWorld wrote:Oh oh oh no oh no - oh woe is me
Are they 32-bit plugs?
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby fatbenelton » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Working ok my end but did a clean install of everything onto a new MacBook Pro...NI Battery 3, Korg Legacy, Roland Cloud, Arturia v collection and Rob Papen Blue all working fine.
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster

Jonny

Postby The Elf » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:10 pm

The Elf wrote:
OneWorld wrote:Oh oh oh no oh no - oh woe is me
Are they 32-bit plugs?
Also check that Cubase is aware of where you're keeping your 64-bit plugs. I've seen people installing 32-bit plugs in the 64-bit location and getting in a right old twist.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby scw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:19 pm

As the Elf said - check that you have installed the 64 bit versions. I have lots of blacklisted versions of pluggins listed but the 64 bit VST 3 versions work fine.
scw
Regular

Postby Pete Kaine » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:20 pm

If you need to update to 64bit versions you can ignore using the disks these days as Native Access lets you do it online. Queue up the installer before going to bed and it'll be sorted in the morning.
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio

Postby Music Wolf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Pete Kaine wrote:If you need to update to 64bit versions you can ignore using the disks these days as Native Access lets you do it online. Queue up the installer before going to bed and it'll be sorted in the morning.

That's what I did, except that I went out for a curry rather than going to bed. All I had to do was 'teach' Cubase the paths to the folders.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster

Postby OneWorld » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Pete Kaine wrote:If you need to update to 64bit versions you can ignore using the disks these days as Native Access lets you do it online. Queue up the installer before going to bed and it'll be sorted in the morning.

When I examined the blacklist I found all the NI items were 32bit, I don't know how it happened but when I installed the various Komplete modules, it installed both 32bit and 64bit, all the other installs I have done I have always chosen the 64bit option, hence all my other VSTs went into Win10 no problem, as they are 64bit

But I have another problem now - in Cubase10, none of the drop down menus are populated, it is as though it is white text on a white background, I can make selections from the menus by guessing what is each slot.

This is an issue as it is mentioned on the Steinberg website and they suggest try.....

* turning on/off HiDPI (that made no difference)

* try other resolutions - that made no difference

* ensure Windows default fonts are installed, yep and that made no difference

* try another monitor - that made no difference and my current monitor is a 4k Phillips 40"

I am waiting for a reply from Steinberg but seeing as the last 'fix' they give is 'try another monitor' I am not sure Steinberg has a fix
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Pete Kaine » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:30 am

What GPU have you got? Latest Drivers?

They leverage Open GL for some screen elements, not sure if that would be related to something like those slots (it's normally reserved for more active components, like VU's), but It seems like an obvious thing to try whilst your waiting.
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio

Postby OneWorld » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:24 am

Pete Kaine wrote:What GPU have you got? Latest Drivers?

They leverage Open GL for some screen elements, not sure if that would be related to something like those slots (it's normally reserved for more active components, like VU's), but It seems like an obvious thing to try whilst your waiting.

I had considered the problem might be the graphics card. It is a Radeon 550 with the latest drivers. OK it's not a top end super duper graphics card but it will handle 4K and anyway I have tried it at several different resolutions and still have the same problem

The more expensive cards higher spec cards seem physically massive, taking up the space of 2 slots which seems over egging the pudding to me as I only use the computer for Cubase, and with my extra PCIe firewire and USB cards I don't have the room for one of those double width cards
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby OneWorld » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm

OneWorld wrote:
Pete Kaine wrote:What GPU have you got? Latest Drivers?

I had considered the problem might be the graphics card. It is a Radeon 550 with the latest drivers. OK it's not a top end super duper graphics card but it will handle 4K and anyway I have tried it at several different resolutions and still have the same problem

The more expensive cards higher spec cards seem physically massive, taking up the space of 2 slots which seems over egging the pudding to me as I only use the computer for Cubase, and with my extra PCIe firewire and USB cards I don't have the room for one of those double width cards

I think I might have cracked it. Before I installed Cubase10 I made a System Restore Point and made an image of the drive. Before I rolled back to the image I rolled back to the System Restore Point preCubase10, hence keeping user settings etc

I noticed in Cubase 8.5, some VSTs such a Retrologue, Padshop, GrooveAgentSE, HalionSonicSE had been upgraded by the Cubase10 install, which sort of pleased me, but........drop down menus not populated.

So, I remembered I had turned off Win10 updates some time ago so brought Win10 up to date and IT'S WORKING!!!! the menus are now populated, so if the the menus in Retrologue, Padshop, GrooveAgentSE, HalionSonicSE etc, I reckon that will have fixed the C10 issue
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Rinsler » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:19 am

They are / were offering a Cubase 10 upgrade at 50% off? It's €159.00 to upgrade from 9 on their site right now.
Rinsler

Postby OneWorld » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Rinsler wrote:They are / were offering a Cubase 10 upgrade at 50% off? It's €159.00 to upgrade from 9 on their site right now.

The offer ended on June 3rd, it was all explained on the website, so yep the prices have gone up again now, so after all the trials and tribulations I got Cubase10 for £85! All I have to do now is scour WIn10 of all the cludge it's dumped on my PC
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)