You are here

Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10

Postby Logarhythm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Does the Launchpad use Automap?
Even if you're up to date with the latest version on the Novation site (4.12) it currently only supports as far as Cubase 9.5 - I took the opportunity of the sale to upgrade to Cubase 10 and my Remote SL Mk II doesn't have complete normal functionality, as Automap doesn't recognise the new version of Cubase.
It still works for all of the normal MIDI functions, but I assume that Automap is responsible for more of the communication from the PC to the device in terms of the features that aren't included in the normal MIDI standard, as I too am finding that not all of the bits are illuminating themselves in the normal fashion.
Ho-hum, I'm sure I'll have got accustomed to it just in time for a new version of Automap :tongue:
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Re: Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Logarhythm wrote:Does the Launchpad use Automap?
Even if you're up to date with the latest version on the Novation site (4.12) it currently only supports as far as Cubase 9.5 - I took the opportunity of the sale to upgrade to Cubase 10 and my Remote SL Mk II doesn't have complete normal functionality, as Automap doesn't recognise the new version of Cubase.
It still works for all of the normal MIDI functions, but I assume that Automap is responsible for more of the communication from the PC to the device in terms of the features that aren't included in the normal MIDI standard, as I too am finding that not all of the bits are illuminating themselves in the normal fashion.
Ho-hum, I'm sure I'll have got accustomed to it just in time for a new version of Automap :tongue:

Thanks but last time I used Automap it almost brought my PC to a halt as it had trouble coexisting with other controllers, Automap didn't seem 'intelligent' enough t leave other things alone, and anyway I am using Launchpad in a custom setup that does things I don't want Automap to do. I painstakingly set it up using the Cubase Learn feature, and it was working an absolute treat till the Win10 April update came along.

I am scouring through the Windows Registry and it is literally festooned with references to devices/controllers I got rid of years ago
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous