You are here

Looking for basic 32bit video trimming and mixing program

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Looking for basic 32bit video trimming and mixing program

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:00 pm

I did not download the program from there web site, I downloaded it from inside a program called
prism video file convector and followed the "suite" link and that is where I found "Video pad video editing software".

Everytime I saved a file I was prompted to purchase the program but given the option of "I will purchase later". But after a good couple of dozen goes at saving files I was then told I need to purchase the product to continue and I was given a dialog box where I needed to enter a validation code in, there where (as I remember) 2 hyper links to there web site to purchase the code, but bough links where broken!
Eddy Deegan wrote:Get it Free. A free version is available for non-commercial use only. The free video converter supports fewer encoding formats for home use. You can download the free version here.[/i]

I uninstalled my current versions of prism video file convector and prism video pad video editor and downloaded the one you linked to and installed it and followed the steps listed above. I must say it looks identical in everyway to the last version I was using, but it is now letting me save files. If it is the same version as what I was using before then uninstalling and reinstalling the program is the answer to free use, or any use to the program for that matter since there is no option to purchase it. I will let you know how it goes on over the next few days and post back

Cheers

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm

night ans day wrote:I will let you know how it goes on over the next few days and post back
This time after only 2 saves, I have been taken to the same dialog box as before and asked again to input my serial number to continue using the program

Postby Martin Walker » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Hmm....

I downloaded and installed the afore-mentioned Prism Video FIle Converter (free version) yesterday after reading about it here, but haven't yet spent enough time with it to run into problem areas.

However, if it really does impose save restrictions after a few operations, why not try Any Video Converter, which I have used on various occasions without running into such problems:

https://www.any-video-converter.com/pro ... ideo_free/

Once again, this is described as a Free Download, but I do sometimes wonder if some developers use this description to mean you can download it for free, but it will eventually ask you for a payment. Such is the devious way of the world nowadays :headbang:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Hmm....

I downloaded and installed the afore-mentioned Prism Video FIle Converter (free version) yesterday after reading about it here, but haven't yet spent enough time with it to run into problem areas.
what you have there is simply a file manager; after that you need to download each program there on afterwards

Martin Walker wrote:
why not try Any Video Converter, which I have used on various occasions without running into such problems:

Thanks! will give it a go soon and post back. 32 bit for win xp right?

Martin Walker wrote: but I do sometimes wonder if some developers use this description to mean you can download it for free, but it will eventually ask you for a payment. Such is the devious way of the world nowadays :headbang:
And that's classed as fraud! Such as deemed an acceptable crime nowadays :headbang:

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am

Martin Walker wrote: why not try Any Video Converter, which I have used on various occasions without running into such problems:

Dose not work mate
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68bhqsrg9r166ez/SOS.JPG?dl=0

Previous