You are here

Cubase Artist 10 VST Transit (between 2 Win 10 PCs) MIDI/VST files aren't playing at the other end.

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Cubase Artist 10 VST Transit (between 2 Win 10 PCs) MIDI/VST files aren't playing at the other end.

Postby Rhys Llewellyn » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:07 pm

My friend and I have identical set ups, same updated version of Cubase and exactly the same VST plugins.

However, when we share projects, the MIDI files never work nor even retain the name of the plugin used (or its preset name). I remember back in the day when opening a project that had an instrument you'd since removed from your computer, it would still show it in the VST Instrument folder and the output, accompanied with a few exclamation points. It's as if no attempt to retain this data is made at all in VST Transit. Is this correct?

Of course I understand that it wouldn't work if we don't have the same plugins, but does VST Transit not even make an attempt at checking first?

The whole point of the share is to edit between us, so I'd rather not have to bounce every track to audio first.

Have we missed something?

We're both using the bog standard, free version of VST Transit.

Thank you.
Rhys Llewellyn
Regular