You are here

Windows Stereo Mix ?? Cannot find?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Windows Stereo Mix ?? Cannot find?

Postby james090 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Ok so I am using an older Dell e5500 Laptop on 32-bit Windows 10, which it runs fine on 4GB, I know its not the fastest, but I use it for editing 2-track files which it does fine..

however, I have been through every tutorial on finding 'Stereo Mix' and still cannot enable it or find it??

All the tutorials and Youtube videos, take you through many options to enable, or 'show' it (if its hidden) and I still cannot get it to show or work?

I am trying some more downloads now, but any help on this would be great, as I would love this as a built in application to record from one app to another so easily built into windows (not really interested in 3rd party apps as im on a limited laptop), so Stereo Mix built in would be great,

I have the 'show disabled devices' enabled and nothing, and then do the other steps and still nothing?

Please help! :(
james090
Regular

Re: Windows Stereo Mix ?? Cannot find?

Postby James Perrett » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:40 pm

If it is any consolation I don't seem to have it on this Dell M4600 laptop either.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Re: Windows Stereo Mix ?? Cannot find?

Postby ef37a » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:41 am

James Perrett wrote:If it is any consolation I don't seem to have it on this Dell M4600 laptop either.

I have read that Stereo Mix was dropped from W10 due to certain parties being unhappy that it made ripping ANY sound so easy?

I use it all the time on this W7 HP. There is I believe a free, wee programme that can do this? I shall have a shufty.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster