You are here

Conference call software for online meditations

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Conference call software for online meditations

Postby Baldo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 pm

I think this might be the best audience to ask this question to..

I want to hold online meditation sessions where the backing music is played internally into the software rather than be played out through my sound card. I will speak during the call and use a normal dynamic mic.

What I would like to do is have the music as one channel and the vocal mic as the other channel, I set the levels at my end and the people at the other end hear the mixed output.

Not sure if I have explained this as clearly as I could. Let me know and I would be happy to fill you in.

My sound card is a @Julia ESI. Could I use the output from the card to directly port into Zoom?

The normal mode would be a Zoom call but I dont know how to pipe the sound directly into zoom from my PC without having to play it through my loudspeakers.

Many thanks and I hope that you are all staying safe and healthy in these difficult times.

Just had a thought.. Could I plug my dynamic mic directly into the soundcard and then port the output from the sound card to Zoom? That way the mixing is all done in the SC.
Baldo
Regular
"Never put a recording studio in your home, it is a black hole into which you can pour unlimited amounts of money" Pete Waterman.

Re: Confernece call software for online meditations

Postby blinddrew » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:30 pm

Is the source of the music also in the PC or could that be external? i.e. a CD player or similar.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Baldo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:33 pm

The source of the music is also within the PC.

I use JRiver as my music player.
Baldo
Regular
"Never put a recording studio in your home, it is a black hole into which you can pour unlimited amounts of money" Pete Waterman.

Postby blinddrew » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:21 pm

Hmm, definitely a case of reading the manual for your soundcard I think!
Does it have a bit of control panel software? Some allow for 'loopback' or similar that allows you to route internal sounds to the outputs. You might then be able to route that to Zoom?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Re: Conference call software for online meditations

Postby Baldo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm

The ESI Juli@ does have control panel software.

how do I post an image up here? I can show you what the control panel looks like then.
Baldo
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:34 pm

You need to host the image somewhere else (i use imgur) and then link to it.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Baldo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:24 pm

https://imgur.com/feqfCzx

https://imgur.com/VctcCSB

These are the images of my SC control panel.

Just been reading the manual to figure this out. Not really sure how to do what I need to do.

The mic can be one of the inputs, I then need to send the output from the SC into the mic input for Zoom or Skype or whatever...
Baldo
Regular

Postby zenguitar » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm

The images didn't load, but editing out the img tags displays the links which do work if you click on them.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
liberté, frivolité et vanité

Postby blinddrew » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:57 pm

Hmm. Not seen anything quite like that before. I'd start by getting your music playing and then playing around with the various input options/patches(?) for channels 3 and 4 on the back view until you get a signal showing on the front meters. Then get the mic running through input 1. Then you'll need to play around with your output options (maybe set the all to on for inputs 1, 2 and 3) and the audio input options on the zoom screen until you get a hit there.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster