You are here

Why Music Tech in some respects is unproductive

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Why Music Tech in some respects is unproductive

Postby OneWorld » Fri May 29, 2020 1:19 am

So yet again I thought I would do a bit of fiddling about in order to hone my setup to more suit my way of working and seeing as I have had an Arturia Beatstep collecting dust I thought I would connect it up to the PC and put it to work.

I really like Arturia stuff by the way. Very well built and creative concepts. So I connect it and set it up aspiring to use the controller facility. I set up the config in the Midi Control Centre and did the same in Cubase and to my delight, everything worked perfect.

Then I did a reboot of the PC, and yep, the Arturia reverted to its previouis settings and so all the work I had done previously was all for nothing, so I went through the process again, then it worked again but in a slightly different way, so I reloaded the config file and it worked as expected but sure enough on reboot lost the setting. I spent an age on t'internet trying to find an answer - nothing, so I abandoned my efforts but then found the drumpads had re-mapped - C1 played E2 etc etc etc

So I track down the factory default and the pads were mapped as they should be, but on reboot, it reverted to C1 playing E2 again.

So I thought oh just put it back to factory reset - you can't! On the forums, where people experiencing the same issues were many, the same thing was repeated over and over "How do you do a factory reset" and no one getting an answer, the forum admin saying get the default template from the link that was given but on going there the file did not exist.

Mr Arturia, if you are reading this why oh why not include a simple as can be option to do a factory reset and whilst I am on my soapbox, that MIDI Control Centre is an exercise in non-intuivity. We have Save As, Export, Recall, Store ....... looks like another bit of kit that has that certain eBay look about it
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Why Music Tech in some respects is unproductive

Postby OneWorld » Fri May 29, 2020 10:19 pm

And to make matters worse you can't get any help in fixing the problem :-(
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)