You are here

Selected fader colour in Cubase 10

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Selected fader colour in Cubase 10

Postby OneWorld » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:01 pm

The colour of the mixer in Cubase 10 is a darkish grey, but when I select a fader/track, the colour of the selected track only changes ever so slightly.

Is there any way to change the colour of the selected track so it is more evident which track has been selected?

I have been through Preferences time and agan but cannot find anything to change the colours, or indeed have the same colour but light and dark
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Selected fader colour in Cubase 10

Postby djangodeadman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am

In Cubase 10.5 the channels in the mix console can be coloured. In the latest update, 10.5.20, the selected channel can now be made a brighter version of its colour, rather than the previous grey. In Cubase 10 I think you are stuck with the colour scheme that you have described.

This video is in German, but around the 3:00 mark it demonstrates the new feature, first by changing the brightness of the selected channel and second by adjusting brightness while also having the selected channel coloured.

https://youtu.be/KrkwN2pTY9k
djangodeadman
Regular

Re: Selected fader colour in Cubase 10

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:45 pm

djangodeadman wrote:In Cubase 10.5 the channels in the mix console can be coloured. In the latest update, 10.5.20, the selected channel can now be made a brighter version of its colour, rather than the previous grey. In Cubase 10 I think you are stuck with the colour scheme that you have described.

This video is in German, but around the 3:00 mark it demonstrates the new feature, first by changing the brightness of the selected channel and second by adjusting brightness while also having the selected channel coloured.

https://youtu.be/KrkwN2pTY9k

Thanks a lot. Looks like the credit card will be going from black to red ;-)
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)