You are here

Your Recommended Free PC Software

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Your Recommended Free PC Software

Postby sig-ex » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm

I've relied constantly on these. They're really good and reliable for what they do and are fairly updated.

Best free music notation software in my opinion.

Minimal but advanced/dedicated MIDI editor. (Windows only)

Plogue sforzando
Enables you to play many nice SFZ sample libs. Free alternative to Cakewalk's SFZ plug-ins.

Been using this for over a decade. Very well known & no need to explain :D.

Supplement audio editor to Audacity. (Windows only)

So you don't have to change the volume when your media player changes track. Not as updated, but doesn't have to be because it has a very well defined function. (Windows only)

Signal Experiments

Postby OneWorld » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Does anyone know how to get the activation key from MT Power Drumkit 2. It is now free but I have installed it, clicked the 'activate' button but it keeps returning with Invalid, as if it is not going to the activation link and thus not pulling down the required key
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby alexis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Melda has a bunch of useful free plugs, thirty of them at last count!

(If the link doesn't work, can just go to the main site and migrate from there).
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Cubase 9.0.1; i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Postby Kostas_99 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Check out free Softube Saturation plugin - one knob + one lever, but still good!

For a limited time, Sie-Q from Soundtoys is free (offer ends October 13).

Some NI Reaktor synths are free - highly recommended. Even if it's Carbon 2 it's still great. Loving sound it can make.

Aand... Steinberg VB-1. A bass guitar. Never thought I would use it - seems so old but sounds good, and works. deep bass.
New here
think pink

Postby JamesKitcher » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:14 pm

One I discovered recently... ... mager.html

I've tried a lot of stereo imaging plugins and they usually cause more harm than good; often collapsing to mono or 'adding stereo depth' results in artifacts or poor quality. This one is excellent however, and it's freeeeee.
New here
Novel FX pack, unique transitions & melodic risers. Free sample here: [Build FX & Melodic Risers](