You are here

Drumming Solutions

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Drumming Solutions

Postby Goatia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 am

Hi all, please, any input would be appreciated. I am a solo guitarist who is looking for a free stand alone program or VST drum plugin. Something very simple, where I can have an intro, main drum loop, 1 or 2 different fill patterns and an endinding that I can control by pushing a key on the keyboard. Something similar to the BeatBuddy peddle, but a software version for Windows or Linux that I can progam/add/modify with different samples. I have searched the net but with no positive results. Any suggestions?
Goatia

Re: Drumming Solutions

Postby blinddrew » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Manda power drum kit: https://www.powerdrumkit.com/ might do the job?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby James Perrett » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:21 pm

blinddrew wrote:Manda power drum kit: https://www.powerdrumkit.com/ might do the job?

Seconded. I just drag and drop the patterns into Reaper after previewing them in the plug-in.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Goatia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:54 pm

blinddrew wrote:Manda power drum kit: https://www.powerdrumkit.com/ might do the job?
Thank you so much, it is not exactly what I had in mind as I need to compose a sequence which is fixed during playback, It will work fine for me for now. My main aim is to be in control of the beats during a live performance, where I can do a fill when reqired, add an extra verse or chorus or even extend the instrumental, this plugin would be perfect if it had an ending for the groove as well. I shall continue looking and saving in the mean time. I do appreciate your feedback! Thanks
Goatia

Postby blinddrew » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 pm

No worries, I wonder if it might be worth looking at some of the 'band in a box' type guitar pedals for live use? I've no direct experience myself though so couldn't offer a recommendation.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Moroccomoose » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm

Have a look at Jamstix by Rayzoon. Its very good.

Stu.
Moroccomoose
Regular

Postby resistorman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:20 am

Seems to me that the Alesis drum machines do that? Not free but cheap and bulletproof for live.
resistorman
Frequent Poster