You are here

Skype causes Audient iD22 audio to stop and becomes unrecognized until reinstall and troubleshooter

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Skype causes Audient iD22 audio to stop and becomes unrecognized until reinstall and troubleshooter

Postby jubeyyjubes » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:20 am

I've just bought a brand new Audient iD22 which works completely fine with my DAW (Reaper), Spotify, Chrome, Groove Music, and other applications. But after a few minutes of a Skype call or changing my audio device to the Audient 1/2 output and input in Skype's settings, all audio stops. I can then no longer use the interface for any ongoing or outgoing signal until I reinstall the audio driver, restart and run Windows audio troubleshooter. Often this will have to be repeated a few times before the device is stable again even without running Skype. Sometimes the device will disappear completely from Device Manager and Sound options as if it was never installed, and the mixing software for the iD22 does not open. I have tried a number of proposed solutions from forums including trying different USB ports, running Skype as admin, changing preferences for the device, and more. Below I have included a link to the Direct X diagnostics before and after the issue occurred when opening Skype.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5ZNpl ... sp=sharing

I would really appreciate any suggestions or help because I honestly do not know what the issue is and no one online or in my circle of tech heads can tell me what it is so far. Windows troubleshooter mentions that there was an audio issue through playback with the 'Generic Audio Driver' once normal non-Skype audio is restored by the troubleshooter. This leads me to think that Skype is using the Generic Audio Driver rather than the Audio Endpoint one that is installed for the iD22 interface. Any suggestions on how to make sure Skype uses the interface driver would be very much appreciated, or corrections to my theory.
jubeyyjubes

Re: Skype causes Audient iD22 audio to stop and becomes unrecognized until reinstall and troubleshooter

Postby CS70 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:07 pm

A difficult one. Since it works with both Windows applications and a DAW, the basic WDM and ASIO drivers seem alright, so it's probably something specific that Skype does.

I actually realize I hadn't de-installed the Skype for Business I have on this pc (!) and had a look at the audio settings, not much to go there. You should specify your WDM driver but I guess that's what you do.

Check the Event Log to see if there's anything specific there? You can check on the generic application log and system log, but also the Skype-specific one (you have to drill down to Microsoft/Skype or something like that I guess)
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page