You are here

Zoom Livetrack 12 as Audio Interface into Reaper

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoom Livetrack 12 as Audio Interface into Reaper

Postby AMOS63 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Question about output settings, I installed the Zoom driver, set it as the input device in Reaper, but I can't get any sound. I can see Reaper is receiving the audio because the track and master meters have movement.
I have a USB port going to an Alesis USB console which drives my KRK monitors and I also have a MAYA XTE-44 Interface in my PC. Once I select Zoom L12 as my input, the only settings available in output options are 1 and 2 or 3 and 4. Any help would be appreciated!
AMOS63
Poster

Re: Zoom Livetrack 12 as Audio Interface into Reaper

Postby blinddrew » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:27 pm

If you're using the ASIO drivers then your input and output have to be to and from the same device. You could try swapping to Wasapi and see if that works for you as you can select different input and output devices.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby AMOS63 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:45 pm

blinddrew wrote:If you're using the ASIO drivers then your input and output have to be to and from the same device. You could try swapping to Wasapi and see if that works for you as you can select different input and output devices.

Thanks, That didn't work. It said the sample rates didn't match
AMOS63
Poster

Postby AMOS63 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:02 pm

I figured it out, Reaper feeds the signal back through the USB into the Zoom, then I have to use the Master outputs on the Zoom, to go out to my monitors. I had no idea it looped back like that :headbang:
AMOS63
Poster

Postby blinddrew » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Ah, sorry, I thought you knew that and were deliberately choosing not to use the Zoom for outputs. My bad.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...