You are here

Audiobulb Auxture software keeps closing mid-use

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Audiobulb Auxture software keeps closing mid-use

Postby Marbury » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 pm

I don't know if anyone out there is familiar with the label Audiobulb's software but I am using Auxture, a kind of experimental sampler that lets you create musique concrete Stockhausen type compositions. It's brilliant, but for me with Windows 10 it randomly shuts down (vanishes) mid use, intermittently triggered when dragging a wav file into it. I have been onto Audiobulb who know nothing of this bug but it's frustrating as there is no reason for it.

If anyone has any idea why this would happen to just myself on a PC I would appreciate it.

Here is a link to the software in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCF6yMODYek&t=45s

And the website

https://www.audiobulb.com/AUXTURE.htm
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Re: Audiobulb Auxture software keeps closing mid-use

Postby Marbury » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Nobody able to help ? :(
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby wdsteele » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Looks very interesting , never heard of it before - must explore some more.

Just a thought - can you replicate that behaviour when using just the bundled slices folder that comes with the instrument ?

I had some issues loading samples into a Boss looper that contained embedded data either from an Apple loop or something I'd created in my DAW . I see the manual mentions mp3 , wav and aif but more and more content has more than just the raw audio file these days - maybe that's tripping something up.
wdsteele
Regular

Postby Marbury » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:48 pm

wdsteele wrote:Looks very interesting , never heard of it before - must explore some more.

Just a thought - can you replicate that behaviour when using just the bundled slices folder that comes with the instrument ?

I had some issues loading samples into a Boss looper that contained embedded data either from an Apple loop or something I'd created in my DAW . I see the manual mentions mp3 , wav and aif but more and more content has more than just the raw audio file these days - maybe that's tripping something up.

Well it was sitting in my downloads folder in users. I have since extracted it onto the D drive with my other vst instruments, sent a shortcut to the desktop and ran it from there. So far no crashes for a long time and then bump. For the life of me why would this happen to just myself and not anyone else on a windows pc ?

Also, the other of their programs called Ambiance opens and closes instantly, when it used to open fine. I can get it to open if I keep clicking it over and over but it either should open, or not. Why would it be intermittent ? These things drive me mad with computers.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 pm

Intermittent faults are a right PITA. Never heard of Audiobulb before though.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...