You are here

Audiobulb Auxture software keeps closing mid-use

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Audiobulb Auxture software keeps closing mid-use

Postby Marbury » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 pm

I don't know if anyone out there is familiar with the label Audiobulb's software but I am using Auxture, a kind of experimental sampler that lets you create musique concrete Stockhausen type compositions. It's brilliant, but for me with Windows 10 it randomly shuts down (vanishes) mid use, intermittently triggered when dragging a wav file into it. I have been onto Audiobulb who know nothing of this bug but it's frustrating as there is no reason for it.

If anyone has any idea why this would happen to just myself on a PC I would appreciate it.

Here is a link to the software in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCF6yMODYek&t=45s

And the website

https://www.audiobulb.com/AUXTURE.htm
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Re: Audiobulb Auxture software keeps closing mid-use

Postby Marbury » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Nobody able to help ? :(
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby wdsteele » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Looks very interesting , never heard of it before - must explore some more.

Just a thought - can you replicate that behaviour when using just the bundled slices folder that comes with the instrument ?

I had some issues loading samples into a Boss looper that contained embedded data either from an Apple loop or something I'd created in my DAW . I see the manual mentions mp3 , wav and aif but more and more content has more than just the raw audio file these days - maybe that's tripping something up.
wdsteele
Regular

Postby Marbury » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:48 pm

wdsteele wrote:Looks very interesting , never heard of it before - must explore some more.

Just a thought - can you replicate that behaviour when using just the bundled slices folder that comes with the instrument ?

I had some issues loading samples into a Boss looper that contained embedded data either from an Apple loop or something I'd created in my DAW . I see the manual mentions mp3 , wav and aif but more and more content has more than just the raw audio file these days - maybe that's tripping something up.

Well it was sitting in my downloads folder in users. I have since extracted it onto the D drive with my other vst instruments, sent a shortcut to the desktop and ran it from there. So far no crashes for a long time and then bump. For the life of me why would this happen to just myself and not anyone else on a windows pc ?

Also, the other of their programs called Ambiance opens and closes instantly, when it used to open fine. I can get it to open if I keep clicking it over and over but it either should open, or not. Why would it be intermittent ? These things drive me mad with computers.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 pm

Intermittent faults are a right PITA. Never heard of Audiobulb before though.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Marbury » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 pm

What I can't understand is why these niche problems nobody else has experienced always happen to me. This PC is only a year old and already starting to give me problems.

Also, I am now experiencing no sound from any audio files or streaming when pay button is pressed after running fine for a while. It shows it is playing (pause icon showing) but no time counter activity. Unplugging and re-connecting my NI Komplete 6 AI solves this.

Its just a pain in the backside. Seriously thinking of going the Apple Mac route for my next machine.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby audiobulb » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:19 am

Hi Marbury

I'm really sorry you are having this problem.

We have sold a few hundred copies and not getting this feedback from other customers. Sounds like a conflict in your Windows set up but where is beyond my expertise.

Have you tried a reboot and reinstall of windows?
audiobulb
New here
http://www.audiobulb.com | exploratory electronic music

Postby Marbury » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:06 pm

My op was aimed at the pc folk here who may have been able to shed some light on what the issue could be regarding Windows 10. It turns out nobody is familiar with the software so after re-installing, it runs better than it did, with fewer crashes. The record function does work, but doesn't display the time clock when recording. There has just been a Windows 10 update so I will see how it goes.

A re-install of Windows 10 would be too much of an upheaval, and who is to say that the problem would be cured ? Conflicts and intermittent errors are a nightmare in Windows hence why apple may be my future road.

What I will say is the software itself is fantastic, as is Ambient. I urge anyone who is remotely interested in sound design or serendipitous experimental/ambient music making to get this relatively inexpensive software, despite my glitches (which will probably be due to Win 10)
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby audiobulb » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:30 pm

I'm really glad its working better for you - and a big thanks for your support.
audiobulb
New here
http://www.audiobulb.com | exploratory electronic music

Postby macca97 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi,
text me at this e-mail, I am the developer:
maccario1997@gmail.com

The issues are because of the software itself so we can solve them.
I built it using a Windows pc and I'm not experimenting the same bugs, and I can tell you honestly that this is not a OS fact -
Best,
Francesco
macca97

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Many thanks to audiobulb and Francesco for entering the fray and attempting to help marbury out! :thumbup: 8-) :clap:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Marbury » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:00 pm

Thanks Francesco, I will email you. :thumbup:
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby CS70 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Marbury wrote:What I can't understand is why these niche problems nobody else has experienced always happen to me. This PC is only a year old and already starting to give me problems.

Never used this one (looks cool), and great that Francesco is going to help you directly.

Ultimately though any sound-generating software in Windows reaches the hardware via some mind of driver - either Windows audio drivers or sometimes ASIO for audio interfaces. The same goes for any other components in your PC. Windows code is more or less always the same, but the drivers' job is to translate what Windows is asking to the hardware and vice-versa. If any of these drivers have bugs or issues, you will experience problems. Sometimes a Windows update changes a little what it asks of a driver, and a driver issue which was not apparent before, becomes so.

Alternatively, hardware problems are always possible - and they are sometimes impacted by the physical location and characteristics of the computer, which is why sometimes for certain people machines fail more often than for others.. dust, lack of ventilation and rising temperatures are among the most common issues.

The worst failures will put Windows in a situation where it can no longer rely on the driver (or the hardware) and therefore it will shut down to prevent further damage. However, since Windows has a very modular architecture, often the issues manifest themselves as glitches - a subsystem may fail without dragging down the entire environment with it.

In almost any case, Windows will log some information about the problem in its logs, which can be examined via the Event Viewer. Sometimes applications do too, but of course they have to be coded to do so (it's a good question to ask Francesco for example).
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page