You are here

LAC 2018

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

LAC 2018

Postby Folderol » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:04 pm

The following was posted late last year on the Linux Audio User email list.

The 2018 Linux Audio Conference will take place at

c-base, Berlin
7th -11th June 2018

The LAC 2018 will feature a full program of talks, workshops and music.
The official call for papers and works will be sent shortly after the
winter break -
so use the quiet of the holidays to think about possible submissions.

All relevant information will be made available on:
http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2018/

The LAC 2018 Organizing Team

This is an excellent venue, very close to the centre of Berlin, and virtually sitting on the East-West main railway line. There is a good hotel within easy walking distance.

With the city centre so close, it would be ideal as a holiday. Bring partner and kids, then let them loose to do the tourist bit while you enjoy the conference - what could be better?

The organisers did an incredible job rescuing this in 2016 at very short notice, and this time, with advance notice and the benfit of experience it can only be better :)

I've enjoyed all the LAC's scattered around Europe I've attended over the years - six so far. There is a great bunch of people who attend, and apart from the talks, presentation and workshops, there is plenty of opportunity to discuss just about anything audio/music related - and usually plenty of both 'wet' and 'dry' venues for doing this :)

I'll definitely be there, but don't know if I'll be doing another Yoshimi workshop (I've done 3 so far), it will depend on whether I can think of anything new to say! I will have a laptop with me of course, and possibly one or other associated 'toys' :)
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Just because you know what I'm talking about, it doesn't mean I do!

Re: LAC 2018

Postby Watchmaker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 am

Folderol wrote:don't know if I'll be doing another Yoshimi workshop

It took me awhile to suss out that Yoshimi is a software synth. I was going in a whole 'nother direction there for a sec
Watchmaker
Regular
"one feels most reassured hearing an expert's opinions on the matter..."