You are here

backing app for android

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

backing app for android

Postby artzmusic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Since the Backing Track Player app for Android is no longer working since the KitKat update of the OS, we needed something that would work until it's rectified.

So I have gotten Music Player For Pad/Phone. Under Options is the selection to Stop at the end of each song. So at least we're not left totally without a player.

Has anyone come across a better substitute?

Using Asus Transformer tablet.

Rick
artzmusic
Regular

Re: backing app for android

Postby artzmusic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:59 am

Update for fellow Androids:

Found Rocket Player to work just fine. In fact gives me a better look at the song list and changes to Player View when song is selected. Will stop after each track.

As I understand it, Android crippled any apps requiring search for the files on the system card and any added SD card with their new OS update, so all apps have to be re-written.

So we're 'back in the saddle again'!
artzmusic
Regular

Re: backing app for android

Postby Minuseno » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi everyone.
I am not shure if is allowed here to publish a post like this, so if not, I want to apologize to the administration team of this forum first.

I developed an app dedicated for gigging musitians to play with backing tracks live, as an ansver to very famous Apple solution, but on android platform.
(I and my friends musitians are using it in the giggs already with sucess so I decided to publish the app in a PlaySore)

The basic funtionality is:
- Autopause as default. (You can disable it for each song separately)
- Crete as many customs setlists as you want (even during your performance changes are allowed).
- Suport any audio format that supports your android device.
- Very quick media browser, sorted by folders, SD cart supported (included name filter).
- You can adjust the volume for each track separately.
- You can can assign multiple text changes inside the progress of your tracks, so no scrolling is needed.
- The player is "service based", so it never stops even if you accidentaly quit the aplication.
- The tho different layouts for portail and landscape. (changes during playback also allowed)

I would like if someone of gigging musitians will test it and post me an opinion to make it better.
If you are interesting, search for "StageBaxx" in PlayStore, and install a free demo.

Thank You very much.
Minuseno