You are here

Android audio

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

Android audio

Postby MDobleZ » Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 am

Can anyone recommend a good book or tutorial on Android Audio? All the ones I've found are either too basic or outdated.

Thanks in advance.
MDobleZ

Re: Android audio

Postby resistorman » Sat May 23, 2020 3:36 am

I've not looked into Android audio because I heard it was inherently unsuitable for professional usage. Is that true/ still true?
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby shufflebeat » Sat May 23, 2020 8:44 am

I haven't found many apps that are better on Android than iOS but there are a few, search the forum here for folk's recommendations.

The issue with Android seems to be a deep structural one which prevents reliable multitrack recording sync. I gave up about a year ago following the struggles of a developer who was trying to find a workaround, if there's been a breakthrough since then hasn't been shouted about very much.

If you're not planning any multitracking there are many useful tools to be found.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dancing Queen - feel the heat from the tangerine, ooh yeah!"

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby MDobleZ » Sun May 24, 2020 10:02 pm

I think the problem is the lack of information. What I'm trying to do is actually fairly simple (or at least it should be), but I get an echo and, although there is an echo cancellation object, I cannot get it to work and no one (apparently) can tell how to do so.
MDobleZ

Postby zenguitar » Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 pm

It might help us help you if you could give some context to your question.

Are you trying to achieve something using an existing app? Or are you attempting to create an app to do a specific task.

With more info it might be possible to direct you to an app that the does what you want, or direct you to resources to find the info you need.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby MDobleZ » Mon May 25, 2020 6:52 pm

I'm trying to create what is known as a whisper phone. I teach Phonetics and I want my students to listen to themselves in real time.
MDobleZ

Postby zenguitar » Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 pm

Thanks for that, hopefully it might trigger some helpful ideas here.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra