You are here

Using IRig MIDI 2 on iPad Pro

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

Using IRig MIDI 2 on iPad Pro

Postby Midimonster » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:19 am

I recently upgraded to an iPad Pro and of course I soon realised that I can no longer use my IRig MIDI 2 due to connector incompatibility. Does anybody have any experience of connecting an IRig MIDI 2 to the USB-C of the iPad Pro please? I looked at using an adaptor but apparently they only work for charging. Last time I changed my IPad I had to replace the IRig 1 unit as it only connected to the 30 pin connector. I could order a replacement cable from IK Mulimedia in Italy for €36.59 (£33) which is half the cost of the whole rig and seems a bit of a rip off to me.
Thanks.
Midimonster
New here

Re: Using IRig MIDI 2 on iPad Pro

Postby resistorman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:40 am

Bummer. Proprietary connectors. I ran into that with my iConnectivity 4, but at least the cable was only 1/10th the cost of the device. I have a couple 2nd gen iPad pros so I’m not looking to upgrade any time soon, but I’ll follow this thread with interest. Good luck.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Re: Using IRig MIDI 2 on iPad Pro

Postby Midimonster » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Looks like I’ll have to make up my own replacement cable for less than a fiver, can’t be too difficult.
Midimonster
New here