You are here

iOS AU midi cc controller?

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

iOS AU midi cc controller?

Postby resistorman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 am

Hiya... I need to control parameters of a few synths simultaneously in AUM. I used to do it from an external controller but would like to do it “in the slab” so to speak. Preferably within AUM.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Re: iOS AU midi cc controller?

Postby resistorman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Turns out Knob Lab does what I need. Extremely simple and has a virtual midi pipeline... I won't even have to look at AUM if I can just pare my programming down to 12 knobs. Though I may be able to find a way to make use of the nesting function. Can't beat the price either!
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:06 pm

I'm not totally sure of what you're asking, but MIDI Designer Pro has been a revelation for me as far as MIDI control is concerned. I've been able to create custom control surfaces I couldn't have dreamed of a couple of years ago.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby resistorman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:13 pm

Thanks Elf! That looks great, and I may need something like that down the road, but I’m sorted for now.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby resistorman » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:41 am

What I'm doing is turning four mono synths into a pseudo MPE synth so I need to be able to change their parameters at the same time. So I'll have each of them on a separate midi channel for notes and a common channel for CC instructions. Then I set up the LinnStrument for the note channels. I tried yesterday to use a split with CC faders on the Linnstrument128, but I couldn't get the resolution I needed without eating up too much of my playable space. I suppose the full size model would work better, but really, a simple control panel will be fine, I don't have to see AUM.

Now I want to control some of the Eventide efx I have patched in there, so I may wind up with your suggestion... 12 controls may be too little. I don't know why it's so hard to keep things simple...
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:36 am

All these things should be do-able in MIDI designer. You can create 'Supercontrols' that 'gang' 'subcontrols', which can be on different channels, different CCs, etc.

If you do go this way then I'm happy to help you get started. It can be a bit intimidating at first, but once you grasp the basics (the paging system is very clunky) then a world of possibilities opens up.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby resistorman » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks for the offer, Elf! I may very well take you up on that when I wrap my feeble brain around what I actually want to accomplish. For now, In Knob Lab I discovered that you can gang up to 8 controls per knob and set the range, channel, and cc per “band”. This means you can invert the data too. Not bad for $2.
resistorman
Frequent Poster