You are here

Grrrrrr!

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Grrrrrr!

Postby Wonks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 am

I bought a set of Seymour Duncan SSB4-NYC4 bass pickups for a kit bass I'm assembling for a friend. Bought them from Guitar Guitar as they were the only store I could find that had them in stock. At £240 for the set, they aren't cheap.

They arrived. And this was what the bridge pickup cover looked like:

So I sent the set back. And after some time (as they had to come from Rosetti, the SD UK distributor) the replacement set came. And this is what the replacement bridge pickup looked like:

In both cases the neck pickup was fine. Are you seeing the pattern here? :headbang:

Whoever's got the job of fitting the covers on the bridge pickups seems to have long sharp thumbnails (so probably a guitar player) and uses them to push the covers on over the pole pieces.

But I'm very annoyed at Guitar Guitar not checking them before sending the replacements out, and Rosetti should be doing more to check their stock before issuing. I copied Rosetti in on my latest email back to Guitar Guitar as SD obviously have an assembly issue here.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed with Seymour Duncan or Guitar Guitar at the moment.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Re: Grrrrrr!

Postby zenguitar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Very shoddy indeed, I'd be annoyed as well.

How about emailing a link for this topic to Seymour Duncan to see if they respond.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Wonks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm

I have sent a separate response to SD from their web page, so I'll report on what happens.
Wonks
Jedi Poster

Postby Wonks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am

Well I'm still waiting for a new replacement set to be sent. Guitar Guitar said they'd video an unboxing of the set they'd send out so that I know it was sent unblemished, (they said there was no way that Rosetti would take pictures before they sent a set out to GG) but nothing has happened so far. I sent a reminder email to GG on Thursday and got one back saying they'd check with the supplier and the store that originally sent the pickups and get back to me later that day, but still nothing.

Also got an email back from SD yesterday saying they'd get the floor supervisor to check the construction of these pickups, which is something.
Wonks
Jedi Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 am

Fingers crossed that you eventually get an un-dented product Wonks! :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Wonks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 pm

I can't get on and rout the body for the pickups until I know exactly what pickups I'm fitting. There are other similar sized soapbars (3.5" x 1.5" ) available, but I still want to see them in the flesh in case there are any small differences. I'm not an expert router anyway, so I'm loathe to even try some practice routs until I get the pickups in my hand.
Wonks
Jedi Poster

Postby Wonks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Hurrah!

Third time lucky and I finally get an unblemished set. Well actually, I must have exhausted Rosetti's stock of sets, because I got two singles.

Wonks
Jedi Poster

Postby Folderol » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Nice.
Just...
Just...
DON'T SCREW UP :lol:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Just because you know what I'm talking about, it doesn't mean I do!

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:24 pm

And trim your nails before starting to fit them! :headbang:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby garrettendi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Keep them in pristine condition, stored in their original box in a carefully placed position out of the sun.

That's what I do with all my toys... Er.... I mean "collectables"
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"The blues isn't about feeling better. It's about making other people feel WORSE, and making a few bucks while you're at it." - Bleeding Gums Murphy