You are here

Selling advice

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Selling advice

Postby BigRedX » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:48 am

James Perrett wrote:Some people can't be bothered with looking up prices on the internet or selling on Ebay - they just want rid of something. Those are the people you need to be looking for if you want a bargain. A friend of mine saw a Juno 6 at a boot sale for £15 not long ago so bargains still exist.

But £15 is probably all it is worth. Let's face it no one in the early 80s went out and bought a Juno 6 because that's what they really wanted. They bought it because they couldn't afford a Prophet or an Oberheim. Certainly everyone I knew at the time would much rather have had something with a better sound and programmable memories, but they ended up with the Juno 6 because it was the cheapest polyphonic synth available.

Also by now it will probably need a lot of expensive repairs to keep it functioning. Yes £15 is about the right price for one.
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Re: Selling advice

Postby James Perrett » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:06 pm

BigRedX wrote:But £15 is probably all it is worth. Let's face it no one in the early 80s went out and bought a Juno 6 because that's what they really wanted. They bought it because they couldn't afford a Prophet or an Oberheim. Certainly everyone I knew at the time would much rather have had something with a better sound and programmable memories, but they ended up with the Juno 6 because it was the cheapest polyphonic synth available.

Also by now it will probably need a lot of expensive repairs to keep it functioning. Yes £15 is about the right price for one.

Erm - I bought one because it was what I wanted. It was better than my Electro Harmonix mini synth and was great for adding extra textures to the music I was doing. It is still going strong and the only repair I've done has been to fix a cracked connector PCB. Given the comments that I get from various studio users when they see it, I'd guess there are quite a few people who would pay much more than £15 for one.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Previous