A little more done on the Frankenstein Dobro, or Frankenbro as we are now calling it.
Spent a lot of time planning out the top - holes, bracing, reinforcement. As Wonks said earlier, we know the scale length of the existing neck, it's a 14th fret join so we can work out the bridge position relative to the end of the body, which is where the centre of the cone will be. Colin advised add a mil for intonation. Then I used Colin's plan for dobros he's built before to work out positions of the braces and screen holes. This body is bigger than his normal dobro design but it was easily adapted. I say easily, I spent ages faffing about measuring and re-measuring. Basically putting off the next bit which was ...
... to cut the hole for the cone. Out with a coping saw:
And then sand to size with a bobbin sander until the cone just drops through:
That had better be in the right place.