You are here

BYOC Crown Jewel

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

BYOC Crown Jewel

Postby Guitarking » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for people who have experience with the BYOC Crown Jewel. I don't seem to be able to find a lot of info/reviews of this pedal online. Also, I find the youtube BYOC demo's difficult to judge, it somehow sounds darkish but the pedals it compares to also sound darkish. It doesn't make my heart beat faster, but I dont know whether thats the pedal or the quality of the demo ;) (all respect for the demo makes of course).

I'm thinking about doing the DIY version. I'll mainly use it for studio use and thought it would be great to have one pedal that does it all ;-)
I've done some BYOC projects with great succes so far.

I was wondering:
1) does this pedal have character or is it somehow generic sounding
2) With most BYOC pedals, the makers seem to choose very specific materials, like typical chips that oftentimes are the same as the original to make it sound like the originals. How does that work for the CJ? Are there many different original chips used etc in this pedal so you can really make it sound like a Klone, Bluesbreaker, Timmy etc... or are this generic chips that also sound generic. In other words... is it better to do seperate pedals?

Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks
Guitarking
Regular