You are here

Hiwatt

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Hiwatt

Postby HiwattUKofficial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi All,

My name is Dave, I work for the new owners of Hiwatt.

I'm posting to introduce myself, answer questions and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The trademark was bought by a Canadian team of Hiwatt enthusiasts 2 years ago, since then they have assembled a team of highly skilled, dedicated people to bring the brand back to it's former glory.
We've used the last 2 years designing and really focussing on building the highest quality amps.

The official relaunch of Hiwatt is this spring at Musikmesse in Frankfurt.

We have some exciting new products coming which I'll post about in the 'New Products' forum when the press releases are ready!

Hope you're all well and look forward to talking Hiwatt.
HiwattUKofficial

Re: Hiwatt

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Welcome Dave. :thumbup: :wave:
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby HiwattUKofficial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Thanks Hugh!
HiwattUKofficial

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi Hiwatt Dave, and welcome to the SOS Forums! 8-)

Pro-active manufacturers are ALWAYS welcome :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby ef37a » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi Dave,
Was that you over at Fretboard? Anyhow, welcome to SoS forum and I shall take great interest in the new venture.

Over ten years ago I was lucky enough to be in at the start of another guitar amplifier company . They seem to have done pretty well in a very competitive market, hope you can do the same.

Dave (lot of 'em about!)
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Sam Inglis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Welcome Dave! SOS will be at the Musikmesse so hopefully we'll catch up with you there, Look forward to seeing what you have to offer!
Sam Inglis
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby HiwattUKofficial » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Hi Hiwatt Dave, and welcome to the SOS Forums! 8-)

Pro-active manufacturers are ALWAYS welcome :thumbup:

Martin

Thanks Martin!

It's really important to the new owners and us that we put the players, owners and customers first (alongside build quality of course ;) )

That's why my colleague, Arv, and I are visiting the forums, introducing ourselves and being a first point of contact for any questions people may have.

ef37a wrote:Hi Dave,
Was that you over at Fretboard? Anyhow, welcome to SoS forum and I shall take great interest in the new venture.

Over ten years ago I was lucky enough to be in at the start of another guitar amplifier company . They seem to have done pretty well in a very competitive market, hope you can do the same.

Dave (lot of 'em about!)

Hi Dave,

That will have been Arv I think. I'm yet to ingratiate myself over there!

It's a really exciting time for us here at Hiwatt UK. Lots of new products coming, both Custom Shop and non- Custom Shop. Hopefully the current buzz will continue and we can make Hiwatt great again!

Cheers.

Sam Inglis wrote:Welcome Dave! SOS will be at the Musikmesse so hopefully we'll catch up with you there, Look forward to seeing what you have to offer!

Hi Sam,

Do drop by. We'll be in Hall 9 at Booth C20. Not sure who of us will be going yet, but we'd love to have SOS come and try out the gear - we'll have our trusty soundproof booth with us too so the amps can be cranked!

All the best,

Dave
HiwattUKofficial