You are here

Rack Effects Build

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Rack Effects Build

Postby jaminem » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 am

Luke W wrote:Cheers mate!

I'm hoping to find a deal with a suitable wig bundled in :thumbup:

Billy Duffy would be proud....
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Postby Hewesy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:11 pm

How are you getting on with the pedal build Luke? Looking forward to seeing this put together and on the 'board.

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Postby Luke W » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Not a great deal of progress recently I'm afraid, I've got it mostly wired up and managed to test it last weekend. All nice and quiet with everything working as intended, so it'll probably be together and waiting for a pedalboard before too long.

I'm about to go and demo some new studio monitors though (have a fairly good idea how that's going to end...), and after that my next bit of time off will be dedicated to designing and building a new desk and rack for the studio, and a mass rewire of everything. So for the moment, this project will be on hold. Not for that long hopefully, as I've only got a couple more bits to acquire and I'm keen to get it up and running.
Luke W
Regular
Techie/Musician Of Sorts

Postby Hewesy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:47 am

Fair play fella, just missing my fix of rack goodness that's all :-) Glad to hear the maiden test worked as hoped, looking forward to seeing it all done as you have time.

Planning on doing a revamp thread for the studio??

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Postby Luke W » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:50 am

I know the feeling! I may throw some bits up about the studio at some point, I actually built the panels in quite a while ago, but as usual I took a crazy amount of pictures while building and there were some fairly "interesting" cuts needed to make everything fit in the space so may be of interest for other people wanting to do some D.I.Y treatment. There's still more to make but with the room fairly well treated and some nice heavy stands in place I feel I can justify a proper set of monitors now.
Luke W
Regular
Techie/Musician Of Sorts

Postby Hewesy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Sounds like a plan mate, I'm sure a few of us would find it useful - and like you say helps justify the costs once you've got the room tamed/controlled.

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Previous