You are here

Mod Duo emulator

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Mod Duo emulator

Postby BJG145 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:43 am

I just came across a Mod Duo emulator for Pisound which was the final excuse I needed to get into experimentation with the Raspberry Pi, now on the way.

https://blokas.io/modep/

TLDR: an open-source programmable audio/MIDI FX pedal. Look forward to seeing if I can recreate the unique wind-controller-sustain feature on the vintage Yamaha MFC2. Exciting stuff. :ugeek:
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Mod Duo emulator

Postby Hewesy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Oh that's very cool, I've 4 Pi's kicking around which are running various things but never really got into music use for them.

That looks very cool - in some respects it's like an Open Source Digitech iStomp (RIP). Which itself was a great idea that sadly never really caught on like you'd have expected (he says having bought one about a month before they canned it).

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Postby BJG145 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 pm

I got this set up today...(Googled pics).

I'm no pedalboard expert, but...it's definitely fun. It doesn't take any Linux skills (fortunately). You can just download an image and use it to prepare a micro-SD card, plug it in, and you're away. The Raspberry Pi reports an IP address you can type into a web browser on some other device, and suddenly you've got a nice drag-and-drop GUI in which you can play around with a wide selection of audio effects, sequencers, sound generators, drum boxes...wire them up by dragging some cables around, and start playing. (You can run a guitar straight into it, or a stereo line-level signal, or MIDI.)

I believe you can then just take the pedal and use it standalone, selecting from up to eight rigs by tapping the button. It got me playing, anyway, and that's the main thing for me.
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Wow - that does look like fun BJG145! 8-) :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker