You are here

Ever wondered what I do for fun ?

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Ever wondered what I do for fun ?

Postby Jumpeyspyder » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:01 am

Heard Max playing before - always thought (on a good day) I'd just about be able to keep up...

.. I was very wrong!!!

Great work!!
Jumpeyspyder
Frequent Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Keep up the good work Max, and I hope at least some of you noticed the dedication on this, the third of Max's links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VxOFyv2LvY

Thanks again Max, it really does cheer me up :thumbup: :clap: 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby blinddrew » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:42 pm

I noticed the track title, thought about referencing you as a joke, then decided not to... :D
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Dr R » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 pm

:clap: :clap: Superb stuff, thanks for posting that.
I'm off to practice "Three Little Birds" on the bass. About 10% of the notes/second, but have to start somewhere. :)
Dr R
Regular
My ambition: To one day have enough experience to answer technical questions on the SOS forums, as well as asking them 

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:43 am

Jumpeyspyder wrote:Heard Max playing before - always thought (on a good day) I'd just about be able to keep up...

.. I was very wrong!!!

Great work!!

bless ya mate....

I have a similar feeling now and again , when i watch Rob Johnson Practice some of his chops .. ( lets just say... he is faster than several speeding bullets having a downhill race in an infinitely steep gravity well )

(Go look up Magnitude 9 ..... and some of his solo work.... like Guitarchitecture )

he's an awfully nice chap, keeps watching my videos (on Facebook Live ) , and i keep watching his..... and he's generally telling me I sound great.... which is both humbling and embarrassing.... Kind of like having * insert preferred guitar hero name here* looking over your shoulder when you practice..... and telling you how great you are, while you're dribbling with melted brain and fried fingers at the thought of ever being able to play anything near like they do....

a bit Different stylistically..... but damn i'd like to master some of his techniques..... on my to do list still...... and probably always will be.....

okay , maybe not the same feeling, but you know what i mean..... from any given perspective a thing looks different in ways only the observer can truly appreciate...
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:04 am

I have a theory that, amongst our peers, we often perceive others as better then us because they can do things we can't. Quite a few years ago I discovered they, equally often they think the same thoughts, that you are better than them 'cos you can do stuff that they can't. The concept being that they are 'different' rather than 'better' than us and vice versa.

Clearly I know many guitar players who genuinely are 'better' than me too but discovering that some who I admired had commented favourably on my playing was a huge confidence booster.

WRT speed, speed is something we can measure and speed is good...... but it is not good on it's own. Your playing is very musical too which is much harder to achieve (it takes soul, feel and years of listening and playing). Like I said above, tasty playing SSG :thumbup:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby adrian_k » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:58 am

Just caught up on this and wanted to say a belated :clap: as well as :thumbup: not to mention :mrgreen: (smiling jealous guy). Hmmm it's making it even more difficult to buckle down and learn these solos for tomorrow night when I know I ain't going to sound like that...
adrian_k
Frequent Poster
getting better all the time..

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:09 am

Jack Ruston wrote:Mate it's so great to see you able to play. You've worked so hard with your hands and the difference from a few years back is really remarkable.

all I need now is a time machine to recover some of the lost years....

Or better yet, nip back to the 60's and really piss people off

:D
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby zenguitar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:07 am

Studio Support Gnome wrote:all I need now is a time machine to recover some of the lost years....
:D

You and me both mate, you and me both.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Jack Ruston » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:26 am

Don't worry about past years, look to future years. They're far more interesting.
Jack Ruston
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:38 pm

Bless you mate..... that's coz you're damn near immortal ;)
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous