You are here

Prejudiced or what?

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Prejudiced or what?

Postby ef37a » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Posted this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPp_W0 ... e=youtu.be
In "another place" and the first comment was that they did not like the "hard EL84 treble sound".

The three amplifiers use an EL34, 6L6 or KT88! I personally have little time for the single ended valve amp concept.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Re: Prejudiced or what?

Postby Music Wolf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Dave

What did you expect posting on TFB?

You think that the response was prejudiced? Just give me a minute and I'll post something on there about the benefits of playing a PRS through a Kemper - then you'll see prejudice.

I may have to have a look at the 10th anniversary range. The other guitarist in the band is after a new amp as his Venue HT60 is too heavy (and loud)
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster

Postby Folderol » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Ignorance is bliss :)
Reminds me of the time I was a trainee helping setting up TVs in the showroom. A salesman was trying to interest a customer in the particular model (can't remember which one) when the customer interrupted him saying that he didn't want that one because it suffered from crossover distortion. With hardly a pause the salesman moved on to a different make.

After the customer had left, I mentioned to the salesman that it was a single-ended valve amp so couldn't suffer from crossover distortion, to which he smiled knowingly and said you can't tell people like that anything. A lesson I never forgot!
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby ef37a » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Music Wolf wrote:Dave

What did you expect posting on TFB?

You think that the response was prejudiced? Just give me a minute and I'll post something on there about the benefits of playing a PRS through a Kemper - then you'll see prejudice.

I may have to have a look at the 10th anniversary range. The other guitarist in the band is after a new amp as his Venue HT60 is too heavy (and loud)

Heh!
Is that the Stage 60 2x12? Yes, they are a bit weighty and pokey (never checked one that clipped UNDER 80W!) He might like to look at the 30W Artist, even the 15?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Random Guitarist » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:40 pm

This has put a cat among the pigeons for me.

I had just about settled on a Fender Bassbreaker, but now . . .
Random Guitarist
Frequent Poster
I've never liked a solo violin, you need at least five for a proper fire.