You are here

Fender Acoustisonic Tele

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Fender Acoustisonic Tele

Postby CS70 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Wonks wrote:Just got that one pickup, which isn't specifically a Tele or Strat one but is called an 'Acousticsonic Noiseless Magnetic' pickup. No chance of Strat neck or mixed pickup sounds though.

Just found this, Andertons vid, where they do try it out through guitar amps with steel strings and some extra gain and it sounds pretty good (bridge pickup starts about half-way through).

https://youtu.be/4CHxkYP1FQs

Ah darn, 70% of my lead sounds are based on the Strat's neck pickup and 90% of the rest on mixed. Will try to find on to test anyways..
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby Wonks » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Not enough room to even retrofit one.

Maybe Fishman could do something in modelling? Line 6/Variax can.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby CS70 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Wonks wrote:Not enough room to even retrofit one.

Maybe Fishman could do something in modelling? Line 6/Variax can.

Yeah I've had in mind a Variax for a while, but the "good" model was pretty pricey and found I did not want it badly enough. I love electric, acoustic steel and acoustic nylon and use liberally all of them for the music I make. Actually certain songs - especially acoustic - are made on specific acoustic guitars and it's already quite annoying trying to play them on another! :) So it's not a great feel to play all on the same electric or at most have an acoustic, and actually don't like to play certain songs live exactly because I feel I can't render them to the audience the way I know they are (luckily I have plenty for which it's not a problem!).

Since the probability of becoming a stadium act with relative guitar-changing tech (and income) appear somewhat limited, I've been reluctant to invest too much in live gigging gear - the last year we've been more in the "make production" phase rather than chasing live gigs and touring (which, having a small kid and having stepped down from my previous job to spend more time with him, I am not willing to entertain at this stage).
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby blinddrew » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:46 pm

Wonks wrote:I must say that the video demos of the Acoustasonic have me very impressed at the acoustic sounds.

https://youtu.be/1iNVS2LwEOI

I've heard far worse from the pickups in much more expensive acoustics.

But I'm still waiting to hear if it's any good in Tele pickup mode through a normal guitar amp.
Hmm, I think I prefer my variax, but they are some quite nice sounds coming out of it.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Previous