You are here

ZOOM "MS-70 CDR" vs. "Stomp MS-100 BT"

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

ZOOM "MS-70 CDR" vs. "Stomp MS-100 BT"

Postby zazou_berlin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Has anyone among you compared the quality of Reverb and Delay between those two units?
I'm wondering whether they are better in the MS-70 CDR, because it's more focussed on them - or, if the MS-100 offers the same quality plus extra stuff.

Thanks for your feedback!
zazou_berlin
New here

Re: ZOOM "MS-70 CDR" vs. "Stomp MS-100 BT"

Postby Wonks » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:34 pm

i have a feeling that they'll use pretty much the same processors and algorithms. They are going to sound OK, rather than outstanding. For great sounding reverbs, you'll need to start looking more at dedicated units like Strymons and Eventides if you want stomp boxes, but then you are spending serious amounts of money (even by boutique stomp box standards).

Otherwise you go back to the older used rack units from Lexicon, Alesis and TC Electronics etc. for affordable but very good sounding reverbs, but you loose a lot of the hands-on approach of the stomp units.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: ZOOM "MS-70 CDR" vs. "Stomp MS-100 BT"

Postby Humble Bee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:55 pm

The MS-70 CDR have very good reverb and delay algorithms and is dedicated to those types of fx and modulation, as you noted. The MS-100 BT does everything including amp sims and speaker simulation so specific reverb and delay algorithms might be a bit less elaborate.

There are a couple of high dsp reverbs and delays in the MS-70 that sound stellar.

I use the MS-70 CDR in my portable mini-rig (in the fx loop of a Bluguitar Amp1) and it preforms very well live and is very robust and easy to use.

Live you it might be hard to hear any obvious difference tho... :thumbup:

Humble Bee
Regular