You are here

Replacement toggle switch (Tremolo/Chorus) for Roland JC-50

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Replacement toggle switch (Tremolo/Chorus) for Roland JC-50

Postby Elephone » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi. Any ideas where I can get a replacement toggle switch (Vib/Chorus/OFF) for Roland JC-50?

I'm not precious about the switch being the authentic one, I just want it to work again.

The switch is an SSM-023-00 (001-235) according to the service manual twice... but once labeled as SSM-43-00 (13159321) on the main diagram (with all the parts labeled) possibly by mistake(?)

Also, are the foot switches possible to replace with some kind of simple cheap switch (by hand even)?

Thanks.
Elephone
Frequent Poster

Re: Replacement toggle switch (Tremolo/Chorus) for Roland JC-50

Postby Hewesy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Roland themselves would be the best place, their service dept will advise if it is a replaceable part and what the cost is.

A quick Google doesn't throw up much on either part no - any chance of a picture of the broken item?

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Postby Elephone » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm

It's a panel mounted toggle switch (not on a circuit board) and it's got 8 lugs, but only 6 are connected, 2 are empty.

It has VIB-OFF-CHORUS positions.

Will any ON-OFF-ON toggle switch will work?

Thanks.
Elephone
Frequent Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 pm

As long as the six wires are collected/disconnected in the same combinations/sequence it'll work. A switch is a switch. But if the switch is broken it may be difficult to ascertain exactly what needs to me connected to what and when.....
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........