You are here

SynthAxe on Reverb

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: SynthAxe on Reverb

Postby Wonks » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 am

Wonks wrote:
Sam Spoons wrote:I've been very tempted by one of those on several occasions Wonks, is it worth the effort?
It's supposed to be a rev2 but I'm not convinced and with no web site, I can't confirm it either way. My limited experience with it was that it didn't seem any quicker using it over USB to drive a VST as did my Roland GR20 and GK2a fitted Strat, with Jam Origin 2 still sounding quicker. Need to try it with a hardware MIDI lead to a module.

Actually after thinking about it, I may gave been using it with Sonarworks 3 active on the monitors, which adds considerable lag. So I need to check again with it definitely off, once I'm back from holiday.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby John Egan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 am

BJG145 wrote:I think the SynthAxe is a legend and a thing of beauty, but I'll clearly never get to pick one up. :tongue:

I hadn't come across the Stepp before. It's...what can I say...chunky? Blocky even. But kind of intriguing, and evidently quite rare.

I like MIDI guitars to look a bit like futuristic synth controllers, so while things like Jam Origin or the Fishman Tripleplay work very well, they don't excite me so much as something that looks slightly off the wall.

I like the Godin range of "Synth Access" guitars. My ACS fulfils two functions - it is my only nylon strung acoustic (electro) and it gives me access to any of the Reason MIDI instruments if I need an injection of different (for me) tonal colour. The tracking is excellent, although my use is probably not likely to stretch its capabilities much.
Regards, John
John Egan
Regular

Postby arkieboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:21 am

BJG145 wrote:Metheney seems mainly associated with the G303. Don't think I've heard of that one...

Sweet summer child ...

I tried a G303/GR300 in a shop for a whole afternoon but didn't purchase for the very reasons I'd pick one up now if one ever strayed across my path. Lovely kit though - you get an emulation of the GR300 in the VG99 and I think the GR55 and the GP10 too if you have any of those lying around.

Steve
arkieboy
Regular

Previous