You are here

Reactive load box/power soak recommendations?

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Reactive load box/power soak recommendations?

Postby Watchmaker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:09 pm

I've recently begun playing out again and am being asked to umm...be quieter.

I have a '68 Fender Custom Deluxe reverb and a Mesa Boogie mini recto to choose from. I have for years used a Rivera Rockcrusher Recording reactive load that I truly love.

My dilemma is I need a new power soak to pair with one of my amps and make that my road gear, whilst leaving the other in the studio. I'm leaning towards the mini recto being the traveling gear.

I need an adjustable attentuation to the speaker out and a balanced DI/line out to feed a board. I've looked at offerings from Fryette, Suhr, Two Notes, Audient's Sono, and of course the amazing OXbox by UAD. Most of these offer features I truly have no use for like amp/speaker modeling, IR, preamps, or AD/DA.

Before I pull the trigger on another Rivera, my need for variability, flexibility and distaste for duplicate gear leads me to put the question to the good people at SOS.

If you have expereince with reactive load boxes that have both a variable output to the speakers and a line out, please let me know yer thoughts.

Cheers,

Dave
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Re: Reactive load box/power soak recommendations?

Postby Von Junzt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Well, I have been planning about getting the Redstuff The Sucker Deluxe https://www.redstuff-amps.de/styled-2/styled-8/. Handmade in Germany. However, you would wind up having to pay customs.
Von Junzt
New here

Re: Reactive load box/power soak recommendations?

Postby Wonks » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Never used one, so can't help, I'm afraid.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853