You are here

Survey for guitar players

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Survey for guitar players

Postby JuliaS » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Hello there, I made a survey to find out what guitar types and why are popular among musicians, as a part of a college term project. It would be great if you could help me out and fill out the survey, it only takes a few minutes :D
Here is the link to the survey:
https://www.soscisurvey.de/egitarren/

greetings,
Jullia
JuliaS

Re: Survey for guitar players

Postby scw » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm

What's an e-guitar?
scw
Regular

Postby Stratman57 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:42 pm

I would imagine an e-guitar is a modelling instrument like my Line 6 Variax, or some of the Fenders that allow alternate tunings without having to retune the guitar.

Regards, Simon.
Stratman57
Regular

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Looking at the questions I think the OP just means electric guitar. There are no brands listed that are better know for their acoustic guitars.

To the OP, I could not answer several of the questions because the options offered did not have the relevant answer. I would have reviewed and changes some others but the survey did not offer me that option and was sent when I clicked 'Next" on the penultimate page.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Dynamic Mike » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:11 pm

I answered most questions. I left a few of the 'rate a brand you've never heard of blank' but it was far from the worst survey we've had here.
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Wonks » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:11 pm

It's hard to write a survey about guitars and cover everything. Brand quality is always variable, especially when a brand does a wide range of guitars from cheap to very expensive. With a Fender or Gibson custom shop model, the quality is high but the value for money isn't normally that good as only minor details really separate a £1800 guitar from a £6k one.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby JuliaS » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi guys, thank you for the feedback!
It is not possible to list every brand out there, so the goal is just to analyze a certain collection of brands :)
I know there are wide possibilties to build a custom guitar, but the reason it summed up is that the conclusion would be "a brand does not offer my preferred specification" I guess.

The question about quality is more about the first guitar that comes to your mind when you think if a certain brand :D

Thank you for the answers, it helps me a lot!
JuliaS

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:04 pm

The section on price didn't allow multiple choices, or to comment that I bought my Les Paul Custom for £313 in 1978 when it's current value is around £2500 and a new one costs £4k.....

I understand it's very difficult to cover all the bases in a multiple choice questionnaire but instead of 'other' a text box would have been a useful addition (but would have made a lot more work for you). Also, I don't think you asked for age, demographic or when the respondent started playing/buying guitar/s which makes it difficult for you to meaningfully access buying choices.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby BigRedX » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:45 am

Completed.

Like others have said, there were no options for some of the questions that applied to me. Also when you ask questions about particular brands it can be difficult to answer when the range encompasses everything from budget beginner models through to artist endorsed limited edition custom shop instruments.

Interesting that you decided to include Teuffel in there with all the rather boring mainstream mass-produced brands!
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan