You are here

Line 6 Helix Floor into Behringer EPA900 Stereo - How to do it

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Line 6 Helix Floor into Behringer EPA900 Stereo - How to do it

Postby robertlaurenson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am

I have been running my Helix through a powered single speaker, but i have sold it as i already have a Behringer EPA 900 and i think that it should be fine to run the Helix through see link (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ort-epa900), i am actually thinking it may be better through the Behringer system as it will be in stereo but i'm not sure how to best connect the Helix to the EPA 900.

If you look at the EPA900 it has 8 channels, 5/6 and 7/8 can be used as stereo. Now with the inputs on channels 5/6 and 7/8 only being 1/4" or RCA im not sure which connection method best to use.

Do i run dual 1/4" cables from the 1/4" outs on the back of the Helix, or do i use the S/PDIF outs to the RCA inputs on those channels

Or possibly some other method i havent thought of

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
robertlaurenson

Re: Line 6 Helix Floor into Behringer EPA900 Stereo - How to do it

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:39 am

The RCA inputs are analogue, the SP-DIF is digital (despite them using the same connectors) so that won't work. Use the ¼" jack outputs on the Helix into the ¼" jack inputs on the mixer section of the EPA.

I suspect you may be less than overwhelmed though, running a state of the art, $1200 guitar system into a $400 PA probably isn't getting the best out of the Helix.....
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby robertlaurenson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 am

Sam Spoons wrote:The RCA inputs are analogue, the SP-DIF is digital (despite them using the same connectors) so that won't work. Use the ¼" jack outputs on the Helix into the ¼" jack inputs on the mixer section of the EPA.

I suspect you may be less than overwhelmed though, running a state of the art, $1200 guitar system into a $400 PA probably isn't getting the best out of the Helix.....

Sam,
Thanks for the reply, i will use them then, thanks for the help
And to be honest the EPA900 is actually a good sounding set up when used, clear and crisp sound for what i have used it for before (live setups etc) so i do not have any issue there.
Thanks for the help
Rbert
robertlaurenson

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:44 pm

You're welcome. I'm used to using more 'sophisticated' kit than the Berry but if it suits your needs it is good :thumbup:

And welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........