You are here

Bought myself a Christmas present!

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Bought myself a Christmas present!

Postby Wonks » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:58 pm

I still have my original Guv'nor wot I bought from new when they first came out. Haven't used it for ages.

Those Reverb prices look very hopeful. They went for between £40-£50 when I last looked (maybe 6 months ago). Obviously rarer abroad than in the UK, which puts the foreign prices up, then UK asking prices follow those.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: Bought myself a Christmas present!

Postby garrettendi » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:48 am

Finally given this a run through the last couple of days,

Through my Peavey Envoy amp it gets nicely into Marshall tone...Very tasty! Need to drive it further with a clean boost though.

As an "amp sim" has mixed results. Put an OCD clone in front of it as a clean boost, then the GV-2 into my UMC204HD then into Reaper with the TPA-1 power amp and a Marshall 1960 impulse response. Sounded thin and very very bassy, Bit disappointing, but then when I put Melda MEqualizer before the TPA-1 with bass, high mids and highs boosted, and the low mids cut slightly, it sounded VERY Marshally,

Bit disappointed how better it sounds than the JCM800 sim I have in my HeadCase plugin (an oldie but a goodie). Always thought it sounded great but now it sounds a bit brittle,

Ah well, Good pedal!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Previous