You are here

Buzz stop tail piece

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Buzz stop tail piece

Postby tweedle do » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi,

I picked up a Nash Jazzmaster recently and it came with the above mentioned tail piece in the case. I've had a look on the web about them with mixed results. I'm happy with the guitar and the tremelo system as it is, but I keep wondering should I put it on? Will it make a difference?

I also think I prefer the cleaner lines/look of the guitar without it...

Is it worth putting it on? Or is it an after market, unnecessary adaptation? But then it's there for a reason...

Any thoughts please? Cheers.
tweedle do
Poster

Re: Buzz stop tail piece

Postby Music Wolf » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:28 pm

15 minutes and a set of strings will give you the definative answer.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster

Postby Wonks » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:24 pm

15 minutes without it will also tell you. If your strings are buzzing or popping out of the roller saddle slots when you strum hard, then you'll be better off fitting it.

But the roller saddle slots will be deeper than the slots in the original style bridge knurled saddle, so the sideways popping probably won't be an issue. But if the string break angle is too shallow so the strings buzz in the saddles, then fit it. It's there to cure a problem. If you don't have the problem, then there's no need for it.

Nice guitar BTW!
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby tweedle do » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks.

Had a heavy strum (not my usual style) with no issues of strings popping out. Played it acoustically and there's no rattling, so it really is a case of 'if it ain't broke..' Thanks for putting that to bed!

Thanks for the complement Wonks - it is a nice thing, only lightly relic'd, but just enough so that when I ding it (which will happen) it won't matter :)
tweedle do
Poster