You are here

LP - new favourite colour

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

LP - new favourite colour

Postby BJG145 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm

I go through phases with this. For quite a while it had to be a Black Beauty. Then I started seeing the attraction of the Gold Top...seemed a bit blingy when I was younger. Now recently I've gone right over to the other side, and I'm admiring the slightly yellowed hue of a vintage Arctic White.

So hard to choose...I'm never going to get one at this rate.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Re: LP - new favourite colour

Postby al_diablo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:35 pm

I think the tobacco burst finish is my favourite, or a really old, worn cherry.

I actually had the money in my account to buy one quite recently, but spent it getting new windows and furniture for the house instead :(
al_diablo
Regular

Postby SecretSam » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:49 pm

There was a deluxe Studio for sale for reasonable money here. Basically a better- finished Studio with a sunburst maple cap. Which looked interesting until I saw it had the traditional, er, reliced headstock join.
SecretSam
Frequent Poster
Instant gratification is actually pretty good. It's fast as well.

Postby blinddrew » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm

I love the fact that in the other parts of the forum they're talking about the number of aux sends or the voltage rails or the headroom and dynamics, meanwhile we guitarists are talking about the real stuff - what colour it is! :D
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Dynamic Mike » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:34 am

There used to be an advert in International Musician (1980's?) with a cherry suburst LP that just read 'The Industry Standard'. That did it for me. Hook, Line, Sinker.

My biggest regret is that when first they introduced 'Iced Tea burst' they couldn't give them away & Standards were going for very little more than an LP Studio. Sadly I was flat broke at the time so couldn't take advantage of it.

I did have a 'The Paul' at one time. It was essentially the LP Studio's ugly sister.
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)
'Cause the law don't change another's mind