You are here

AER Compact 60 2

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

AER Compact 60 2

Postby high rise jesus » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:21 pm

I have been using this amp regularly for about 3 years as a busking amp - For the last 2 days of charging the light does not go out regardless of how long I charge it for. Does this mean the battery needs replacing?
high rise jesus

Re: AER Compact 60 2

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:39 pm

That sounds likely but it's easy enough to check. The C60 mobile has two 6V 12AH sealed lead acid batteries, when charging they should each show a little over 7V each (I'm guessing they are connected in series so 14v plus across both), when you remove the mains cable the voltage will fall, slowly if the batteries are still good, and settle at a little under 7V (or 14V across both), if they are worn out they will fall more quickly and to a lower voltage, possibly much lower. If the charging voltage across both batteries is below 12 or 13V it suggests the charging circuit has failed, much less likely but still possible.

I'd have though that changing the batteries should be fairly straight forward but the manual suggests you should have it done by a AER repair centre.

FWIW AER suggest the batteries should last for about 5 years.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........