You are here

Parts for a Vox VT 40X amp`

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Parts for a Vox VT 40X amp`

Postby Jhornbostel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:52 pm

I have a Vox VT 40X amp, and I love it, but recently there was a short on a component on my pre-amp board when I was changing the tube, and now it doesn't work. It seems the only solution is to replace the pre-amp board. Vox only sells the PCB set, which is all three boards. And I also understand that Vox isn't even selling those anymore. So, what I want to see is if anyone has a VT 40X amp that they want to part out, or have some way of getting a pre-amp board for this amp. Thanks!
Jhornbostel

Re: Parts for a Vox VT 40X amp`

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I've moved your post to the 'Guitar Technology' forum as it is more specific to your query and has a greater likelihood of being seen by the right people to give you a useful response!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby resistorman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:08 am

Seems to me someone should be able to repair it.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby ef37a » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 am

https://www.korguk.com/voxcircuits/

That model does not appear in that list of schematics, is there another designation?

Valve circuits are rarely that complicated and it should be possible to repair that PCB at component level. Don't worry about getting the exact same component, the BS you read about "Orange drop" capacitors etc is just that, grade one, snake oiled BS. Any capacitor or resistor of the correct value or rating will work just as well as the original.

Try the chaps over at <thefretboard.co.uk> but let us know how you get on!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby al_diablo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 am

That vox link doesnt have any of their modelling amps listed.

I had the 120w vtx amp (discontinued in 2003 i think) and something burned out in quite a smoky fashion. Never managed to get it repaired because the parts weren't available so I turned it into a 2x12 cab.

The innards are all still there, doing nothing. I don't know if the components are the same as your amp, or if any of them are viable, but if they are you'd be welcome to them.
al_diablo
Regular

Postby Jhornbostel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. Not sure of any other designation, here's the Vox product page for it: https://voxamps.com/product/vt40x/ I'll check out he TheFretBoard too, thanks for the tip.

al_diablo- thanks for the offer! Before I have you go to the trouble, I'll try and figure out if it's compatible at all. Is it a single tube pre-amp?

Thanks!
Jhornbostel