You are here

British pedals?

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: British pedals?

Postby SecretSam » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:28 am

Just realized we got the spelling wrong. It's Fredric.

http://www.fredric.co.uk/
SecretSam
Frequent Poster
Instant gratification is actually pretty good. It's fast as well.

Postby Arpangel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:53 am

thefruitfarmer wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
Music Wolf wrote:Is this a distortion for guitar, or are you applying it to keyboards?

Mainly keyboards, but sometimes guitar.
I’m looking for a really dirty valve type distortion, but with control, just hovering on the edge, I’ve noticed a lot of pedals don’t have enough adjustment, they suddenly go wild and that’s that.

Maybe use the pedal in parallel rather than series?

You could treat the keyboard as if it was a guitar and run in through an amp, might get you in the ballpark for a grungy synth lead sound?

Thanks, I have a Roland amp and that’s what I’m using right now, it’s got a line out so it’s fine for recording, I may just stick with this until I can find something else.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby al_diablo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:11 pm

Just a thought on this - do you stack gain pedals (or use multistage ones)? It usually gives a more controllable sound than just using one.
al_diablo
Regular

Postby pjchappy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:12 pm

I have 4 Effectrode pedals (but you may think they are one of those "high-end bespoke outfits"?)

Regardless, great pedals and great customer service!

Effectrode

p
pjchappy
New here

Postby Hazer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Victory do some pedal preamp stuff

https://www.victoryamps.com/pedal-preamps
Hazer
Regular

Postby JRC1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Hewesy wrote:Raygun FX based on Essex do a mix of mods and own line, I was going to send my Rat over but in the end I found in could sell it and get a Mooer Black Secret with change to scratch that itch when needed.

http://fuzzboxes.co.uk/

Hewesy

The pedals are great but the customer service sucks, sent a pedal back twice and first time it wasnt fixed then paid to send it back a second time and I have had no response when I’ve asked about whats happening with it. Sent it back in April.

Another vote for fredric, have the howling fuzz and grumbling wolf on my board, the wolf is amazing for distortion with old tube amps.
JRC1

Postby Arpangel » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:56 pm

al_diablo wrote:Just a thought on this - do you stack gain pedals (or use multistage ones)? It usually gives a more controllable sound than just using one.

Good idea, I’ll look into that.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Hewesy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:40 pm

JRC1 wrote:
The pedals are great but the customer service sucks, sent a pedal back twice and first time it wasnt fixed then paid to send it back a second time and I have had no response when I’ve asked about whats happening with it. Sent it back in April.

Another vote for fredric, have the howling fuzz and grumbling wolf on my board, the wolf is amazing for distortion with old tube amps.

Oh that's shocking, I never got to actually order as I moved to the Mooer but that is pretty poor.

The guy replied quickly when I enquired about the mod but perhaps that's not a suprise as it was pre-sales.

Hope you get it sorted

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Postby Matt Houghton » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Hamstead Soundworks do some good stuff. I think it's made in the UK (like their lovely amps!)

https://www.hamsteadsoundworks.com/pedal-navigation
Matt Houghton
Frequent Poster
SOS Reviews Editor

Previous