You are here

Can I use pedal with Amplifier

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Can I use pedal with Amplifier

Postby warCleric1089 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:00 am

Hello this is a simple question but just want to get it right as. I’m in no position to have my stuff break on me. I have a tube amp and and a looper pedal and wanted to see if I should have any problem pairing the two. It’s a Bulgera Tube Amp and a Vox looper pedal with an electric guitar. I’m an amateur but it has been on my mind lately and wanted to see if I can get into it. Who knows down the road. I see this at least as a hobby or get together with some friends. Yeah I should probably have this down but what can I say I’m a slacker. Please let me know and hope to post more on here.

Thanks
warCleric1089

Re: Can I use pedal with Amplifier

Postby resistorman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 am

Hi and welcome! You didn't give any model numbers, but as far as I know all looper pedals are designed to be plugged into guitar amps, PA systems, etc. There may be rack mount line level hardware out there... I've not heard of any, but even that wouldn't blow your amp up. When in doubt, read the manual :D
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Re: Can I use pedal with Amplifier

Postby ef37a » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 am

I shall put my extreme dislike of Bugera amps Ltd to one side in order to help a newb!

Yes, the looper will work fine and there is no danger of damage to the amplifier.

My son has been doing this for a couple of years with a Digitech Jamman looper into either a Peavey 50W transistor amp or a Blackstar ID40.

He is now experimenting with getting a classical acoustic guitar looped, but that is a whole other story.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster