You are here

First accoustic for teenage learner

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: First accoustic for teenage learner

Postby wireman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:30 pm

I really don't know anything about the merits of acoustic guitars (I have an old 12 string) but I do keep a file of decent things I might buy one day that I fill from articles/reviews.
Under Guitar I have:

Vintage V300
Yamaha C40

So they might be worth checking out although they are probably old recommendations.
wireman
Frequent Poster

Postby desmond » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:55 pm

FrankF wrote:There's an excellent Tanglewood acoustic model in "Whisky Burst" finish that sells for around £100: I tried two of them in the same shop, and was impressed by, well,
EVERYTHING.
Both of them were well set-up, sounded great, and the dark stain looks magnifico.

This one?

Tanglewood TWCR D Crossroads Dreadnought Acoustic, Whiskey Barrel Satin
https://www.gak.co.uk/en/tanglewood-twc ... tic/907880

£89...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby FrankF » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Er, I prefer my name, "Whisky Burst" to Whisky Barrel, and when they said "Satin" they really meant "Stain". :tongue:
FrankF
Regular

Postby mick.n » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:51 pm

al_diablo wrote:
Might I ask where you are based, in case anyone has any recommendations for specific stores to try?

Definitely worth buying in person and not online, you may pay marginally more but it is worth it to find the instrument he connects with
:thumbup:

Based in NE uk (teesside to be more specific). I am only aware of 1 remaining store that are local-ish to me. And not sure wether they have survived the downturn/closure due to the virus.....will wait & see. :)
Thanks to all......some good suggestions & i particularly like the look of that Tanglewood TWCR D. :thumbup:

Thanks again all. :thumbup:
mick.n
Frequent Poster

Postby FrankF » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:36 pm

JG Windows in Newcastle (what a lovely shop! Bought my first ZOOM pedal there a few decades ago) have a few Tanglewoods in stock, including the "Whisky bottle":

https://jgwindows.com/guitars/acoustic-guitars/tanglewood-twcrd-crossroads-dreadnought-acoustic-guitar.html
FrankF
Regular

Previous