You are here

Mutable Instruments Plaits - second and subsequent note issue

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Mutable Instruments Plaits - second and subsequent note issue

Postby Durr GaGa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 am

Hi Folks,

I have a Plaits module which I really love, especially for the strings sounds it produces when using the Inharmonic string modelling algorithm. I can drive the module via Midi using my Disting 4 Midi to CV converter or directly from the CV (Pitch and Gate) outputs from my Arturia KeyStep 32 keyboard. However, no matter what settings I use, if I don’t fully release a first played note on the keyboard before pressing the next key, the second note does not fully sound - i.e. there isn’t a new gate opened (apologies if my terminology is suspect here!).

However, using either connection method when connecting to my Mother 32, I get a full new note which makes me think that it is perhaps not the midi signal or direct CV input from the keyboard that is causing the issue.

Is there something that I am missing here or is this normal behaviour?

Your input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Durr GaGa
Poster

Regards,

Steve
www.nightskyimages.co.uk

Re: Mutable Instruments Plaits - second and subsequent note issue

Postby Arpangel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi, the world of modular! :o
It’s impossible to know everything about the sheer number of modules on the market right now, there are so many, I’m not trying to take traffic away from SOS in the slightest, but if you don’t know about it already, the Muffwiggler forum is a mine of modular info, I’d be surprised if you don’t get an answer straight away.
However, hang on here, someone may come to the rescue!

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Mutable Instruments Plaits - second and subsequent note issue

Postby Durr GaGa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 pm

Thanks, Arpangel,

I had posted on MW and a couple of other forums too and have received some great advice that I am currently working through but the bottom line is that the Mother 32 and Plaits CV's 'poll' differently which is why the responses are different.
Durr GaGa
Poster

Regards,

Steve
www.nightskyimages.co.uk