You are here

Sampling Keyboard

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Sampling Keyboard

Postby Zukan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 am

vinyl_junkie wrote:EMU E4K /E4K Turbo

Lovely keyboard action, on the fly realtime control and a mutha of a mod matrix.

That and the K series Kurzes get my vote every time.

I haven't played with a Fusion yet. Did want one but they are as common as a government without stealth taxation or a reality music contest with judges that know what they are talking about.
Zukan

Postby tea for two » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 am

With the 6HD due to the compactness of the case compared to the 8HD, with the psu being so close to the other components and no vent
possibly swapping the 40GB 7200rpm hd for a laptop 120GB 2.5 5400rpm (3.5>2.5 converter easy to find), backing eveything up.
and modding the case by addidng a vent ...
i have read one user having overheating isses with the 6hd.

8HD is fine.
tea for two
Frequent Poster
Our purpose is unique to us, just as meaning of our life is unique to us. Thus should be obvious there is no universal purpose. There is no universal meaning of life. 

Postby Pete Kaine » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:08 pm

The Elf wrote:
Androo wrote:I can never find them anywhere.
It's rare there isn't at least one on eBay. There's one from the States at the moment. Mine recently went for less than 200 quid - a steal IMO. I only sold it to replace it with a K2600.

I picked up one for just under 200 about 6 months ago. Got shipped upto me and the scsi drives now clicking away. Don't suppose anyone knows of any cheap suitable replacements I could aquire to get it up and running again? As is I don't think i've used it more than afew times since it arrivied.

Also keeps giving me a battery dead warning. Changed it with no luck so i'm assuming a broken contact... Is that likely or is the anything else common?

Sorry for the thread jack.

Back on topic. Sampling keyboard. How about the Korg Microsampler that's just been released?

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/keys-synths/samplers/microsampler-222130/review
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio

Previous