You are here

Synth deal @ audiomidi

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Synth deal @ audiomidi

Postby Darclinc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Oh right, I see ! I'm not a Dave, in case you were wondering …

I'm not sure what I'd compare it to, in terms of other software synths, tbh. I've never really been interested in analog style emulations much, I'm generally more interested in the new age Alchemy / Absynth style sample mangling synths, so I've never really paid any attention or tried any demo's of the analog ones, and lord knows there's a lot of those emulations out there at the moment.

So, perhaps someone else could offer some comparisons in terms of similar sounding / functioning synths out there. Alternatively there’s always a demo to try on their site.

Anyway, for $15, I thought what the hell, why not, I’m sure I can find a use for some analog style sounds. Besides, it’s so ridiculously cheap, it doesn’t really matter if it’s not used all that much. Buy it.

D.
Darclinc
Regular
http://www.thirdfloormusic.com

Postby tea for two » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Darclinc wrote:Anyway, for Darclinc5, I thought what the hell, why not, Im sure I can find a use for some analog style sounds. Besides, its so ridiculously cheap, it doesnt really matter if its not used all that much. Buy it.

D.

Aye

Just now purchased & got the email aM with OSX & XP/Vista download links 8-)

tea for two
Frequent Poster
Our purpose is unique to us, just as meaning of our life is unique to us. Thus should be obvious there is no universal purpose. There is no universal meaning of life. 

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 pm

The first time I saw the link to the AAS synth I was skeptical in the extreme, thinking it was one of those too good to be true rip-off sites (you know, the scam ones that sell Photoshop for $40.)

After seeing others here buy it, I duly did. I got the serial instantly (in fact, they sent me two serials for it!) and having quickly loaded it up, authorized it and had a play I'm pretty chuffed.

Sounds great, looks usable and complements my Arturia collection and Omnisphere perfectly.

I'll be keeping en eye out for more no-brainers from that site I think :)

Having moved to a Mac Pro/Logic Pro based setup, having been a dyed in the wool hardware multitrack diehard for decades (and been blown away by how wonderful the results are) and now discovering quality plugins, it's truly terrifying how easy it is to spend money. Shopping for plugins is almost like the iTunes app store, but 100x more expensive, so finding this AAS link was a quality moment, thanks un_quantized!
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Darclinc » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:04 am

Amusikaido wrote:it's truly terrifying how easy it is to spend money.

Yes, especially because you can download them and use them instantly. And, it's not that expensive either. There's some great software out there for very little notes.

D.
Darclinc
Regular

Postby un_quantized » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:57 pm

I expect Audiomidi will come up with more similar deals.

There fist few ones have been very successful, with a massive take-up apparently, and I guess that's what they do it for - generate lots of goodwill and get their name out there in the muso community.

I wonder what's next up?
un_quantized
Regular

Postby Darclinc » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Komplete 6, for $1.95

D.
Darclinc
Regular

Postby Tui » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Darclinc wrote:Komplete 6, for Darclinc.95

D.

You... You!
Tui
Frequent Poster

Postby un_quantized » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Darclinc wrote:Komplete 6, for Darclinc.95

D.

:lol:

Probably all it's worth actually as NI will be announcing they've stopped supporting it in about 3 weeks ;)
un_quantized
Regular

Previous