You are here

Need technician to repair M Audio Ozone midi keyboard/audio interface - preferably local to Maidenhead, Berkshire.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Need technician to repair M Audio Ozone midi keyboard/audio interface - preferably local to Maidenhead, Berkshire.

Postby HelloRoko » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi there, new to this site to be gentle! Happt New Year to you all!
I recently purchased an M Audio Ozone keyboard/audio interface on Ebay as an entry level piece of kit so I can start using my new mac and to get aquanted with music on a computer (never really used this stuff before - been more an analogue person but times are a changin'!), but it turns out the device is faulty and needs to be repaired..... typical!

The basic problem is that the device does not recognize it when an instrument or headphones or anything else is plugged into the audio interface part of the device. The keyboard does work however and can be used in conjunction with music software (Garageband for example)... But of course this is only half of the functionality of the device.

I've spoken the M Audio tech support and they recommend I get someone to have a look at the keyboard, but not sure where to go!

Does anyone know of a reliable techician type person/company around Berkshire who potentially will be able to repair my Ozone? Any info would be very much appreciated!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks,

Rob
HelloRoko
New here

Re: Need technician to repair M Audio Ozone midi keyboard/audio interface - preferably local to Maidenhead, Berkshire.

Postby Dave B » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Rob,

How au fait are you with setting up this kind of gear on a Mac? Is there a chance that something has been incorrectly setup?

There is an article in M-Audio's knowledgebase at :

http://www.maudio.co.uk/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=84df0e92b71829a30542040b413449e5

Have you followed all the steps in that?

Just need to know the level of user we are dealing with....
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)